Thursday, October 7, 2010

HOPE - FAITH - GRACE - TESTIMONY

2nd Nephi 31:20 - Wherefore, ye must press forward with a "steadfastness in Christ having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward feasting on the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

"We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord's tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yeild adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance. (David A. Bednar)

1Nephi 1:20 - .......But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of thier faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance.

In the atmosphere of faith and testimony, we can find hope that begins to to awaken us to the mercy and power of God. If we attend meetings, pray, be active and ponder and apply scriptures we will see our own miracles begin to happen. We will find ourselves blessed with the grace of Jesus Christ.

GRACE - divine means of help or strength given through the bounteous mercy and love of Jesus Christ.

AMAZING GRACE:

Amazing grace! How sweet the soundThat saved a wretch like me!I once was lost, but now am found;Was blind, but now I see.'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,And grace my fears relieved;How precious did that grace appearThe hour I first believed.Through many dangers, toils and snares,I have already come;'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,And grace will lead me home.The Lord has promised good to me,His word my hope secures;He will my shield and portion be,As long as life endures.Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,And mortal life shall cease,I shall possess, within the veil,A life of joy and peace.The world shall soon dissolve like snow,The sun refuse to shine;But God, who called me here below,Shall be forever mine.When we've been there ten thousand years,Bright shining as the sun,We've no less days to sing God's praiseThan when we'd first begun.

Our Saviour Jesus Christ has provided a way for us. We are not alone. When we become willing to replace trust in ourselves with faith in the love and power of Jesus Christ we will find the strength we need to overcome the temptations that do so easily beseech us. We can find peace and solace from our pains, fears and trials. I have a testimony and I have the hope that my Lord and Savior will deliver me. After all I can do...follow the instructions he has given me, then his grace will lead me home.

Some days are so hard because I rely on me or I call a friend or get busy and avoid. Really letting the knowledge of who I am and really letting the power of the atonement into my life causes me to rejoice. Really rejoice. To feel "real" love with no judgement is the most amazing experience. Makes me utterly and completely HAPPY!

1 comment:

  1. I love this and I love you! Keep going...we all need to hear this!

    ReplyDelete